Carried out across four European regions (Wallonia, the Spanish Basque Country, the Hauts de France region and Portugal), this first 3-year phase, co-financed by the European Union’s LIFE programme, has allowed for the creation of conditions to sustainably promote a Life Cycle approach within SME’s.
In Wallonia, through GreenWin, the LCiP project has made possible:
- an analysis of the environmental maturity of SMEs in Wallonia
- the organisation of LCA training for SMEs and support organisations
- the setting-up of an online and physical resource centre for SMEs and other involved parties
- the launching of a support network for SMEs (LC Champions)
- the supporting of 8 Walloon SMEs in their first attempts at LCA.
Detailed information on each of these activities, and on those undertaken in other participating regions, can be found on the LCiP project website.