To contact the Cluster:
Maison de l’Industrie,
Rue Auguste Piccard, 20
Tel : +32 (0)71 91 92 84
A Walloon Innovation Cluster
Ideally located close to Brussels and the main cities of Western Europe, such as London, Paris, Berlin and Rotterdam, Wallonia (a French-speaking region in the south of Belgium) lies at the heart of Europe. With sophisticated air, rail and waterway transport facilities, Wallonia is directly linked with all the European decision makers and power centres.
A catalyst of innovation in environmental technologies
GreenWin is one of the six triple helix innovation clusters set forth by the Walloon Government in Belgium. Its mission is to promote innovation in environmental technologies and to foster the development of ambitious collaborative projects in R&D, industrial investment or skills development, with an objective of economic growth for industrial members and of job creation in Wallonia.
Greenwin’ activities focus on three leading markets :
- Sustainable chemistry, including CO2 transformation into a variety of value-added products, process intensification and white biotechnologies
- Sustainable materials for the construction sector: production of building materials or building systems with reduced environmental impact, energy efficiency and energy storage solutions, etc
- Environmental technologies: waste treatment and recycling, water and air treatment, soil remediation, sludge recovery.
A dynamic network of more than 200 partners
It brings together in a single network more than 200 partners, with over 155 companies, including several world leaders, universities, research centre, training operators and communities, all of which are involved in developing the green economy and motivated by the opportunities resulting from pooling skills and sharing resources.
GreenWin has a robust operations unit based on a network of experts in direct contact with all the parties involved in sustainable development. Its permanent structures allows for effective control. GreenWin offers a made-to-measure confidential service.
Concretely, GreenWin brings to its partners :
1. PROSPECTIVE :
- Organization of working groups, on thematics identified as priorities by the cluster and / or centered on the needs of partners
- Strategic technology watch
- Visibility and international support through business missions, networking activities, identification of international partners and financing sources
2. PARTNERSHIPS :
- A privileged access to the competences of the universities departments (UCL, ULB, ULg, UMons, UNamur) and research centers
- A networking platform with the most relevant industry partners based on identified needs
- Privileged access to the international partners (clusters, federations, business associations …)
3. SETTING UP THE PROJECTS :
- Support for the setting up of ambitious collaborative projects (innovation, training, investment, technological platform, prototyping, ...) : from ideation to valorization
- A labeling of the projects for their financing by the “Marshall Plan”
- Support in the search for additional funding
- The development of shared technology platforms to meet shared needs
4. TRAINING : The identification of strategic skills to be developed and the implementation of collective training actions
5. EVENTS : Access to all our events is reserved for partners at preferential conditions.
Facts and figures
In 2015, the representative nature of the “green” Innovation Cluster was obvious to everyone: the activities covered within the perimeter of the Cluster represent more than 20 000 jobs in Wallonia and in Brussels, exports amounting to almost 40% of the total for the economy, while in terms of results, GreenWin encompasses 31 projects approved and funded by the Walloon Government for a total budget in excess of 80 million euros.
The key figures of the six innovations clusters